Morris + Associates is looking for a licensed architect with 5+ years of expertise to lead our studio in our entrepreneurial, client-focused environment. Please refer to our website at morrisassoc.com to learn more about our work and clients.
For 50 years, Morris + Associates has provided top-quality engineering and architectural services for major corporate, military and municipal clients. We have a unique position in the marketplace with engineering, architecture and fuel system design all under one roof. Employees at Morris + Associates enjoy the opportunity to be hands on and involved with the entire project work flow. Currently, our architectural team also works closely with the Army and Airforce Exchange (AAFES) on retail projects in Las Vegas, Boston, San Antonio, Baltimore, Washington DC, South Korea, Guam, and Okinawa
• Provides direction, leadership, management to team members and consultants assigned to the project to successfully bring projects in on time, on budget and with a quality customer experience.
• Communicates essential scope of work information in every manner necessary to clients, senior management, team members, subordinates, outside consultants, construction professionals, suppliers, and authorities having jurisdiction.
• Uses invention, imagination, originality, and talent to create detailed drawings and is capable of making changes on drawings using AutoCAD/Revit.
• Controls the project from start to finish to ensure high quality, innovative and functional design.
• Identifies clients’ needs and aligns them with building codes, specific standards, guidelines and other regulations to develop feasibility reports, project schedules and write proposals.
• Maintains accurate records necessary for billing, communication and project management.
• Monitors and adheres to project budgets and implements change orders in a timely manner with clients.
• Compiles project specifications to guide the work.
• Collaborates with and manages other team members and consultants assigned to the project.
• Embraces the practice of ‘sharpening the saw’ and continue to learn and advance their skills, technological capabilities, and understanding of clients and business. Maintain annual continuing education requirements and current licensure, if applicable. Remains current with familiarity with applicable building codes.
• Travels locally, regionally, nationally or internationally as needed to perform work at project sites and meet with clients.
• By working for this firm, embrace the entrepreneurial ethic and be willing to perform duties not specific to your job description as requested and needed.
Licensed Professional Architect, strong technological proficiency (REVIT) and the ability to effectively communicate with clients is a must. Some travel may be required.
This is a full-time position and the salary range is commensurate with capabilities.
Morris + Associates is in Cypress, Texas (convenient to the new 290 and Grand Parkway). The firm offers competitive compensation and benefits (currently, 100% of medical insurance premiums are paid by M+A).
Please direct your interest to Joycelyn Morris at 713-598-5520 or email@example.com.